Sunday, December 20, 2009

Esther

Today, while shopping for a Christmas present for our grandson, I converse with the sales clerk Esther, age 88 from Brooklyn who looks at my VISA card and says, "So what kinda name is this?"

"It's originally Irish."

"Ah, my second husband was Irish."

"So of course he HAD to be a good man!"

"He coulda been better."

"How so?"

"Just not as good as my first husband."

"I'm sorry you lost them both."

"Yeah, and then my gentlemman friend lost his mind and died.

"So sorry to hear that. At least you still have your best friend Flossie. I saw her yesterday, she looked just great."

"Without her make-up, she's not so great."

Esther is about 4 feet high and adorable looking.

I have to tell her, "Well, YOU are a real cutie."

With her captivating smile she replies,"OK, but just don't tell your wife!"

This is a true conversation. Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to post this comment again. I am so excited.
    Finally a blog I want to go to.

    ReplyDelete